1. Mix in a bowl the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs until fluffy and then add the beer. Fold this through with the dry ingredients.
2. In a bowl mix together the crab, chopped chilli, shallots, cumin, smoked paprika, coriander, garlic, lime zest and one lime juice. Season.
3. Fold this through the crab. Rest in the fridge for at least 30 mins.
4. Heat plenty of oil in a pan, so it is at least 3 inches high. When piping hot, around 180* start working in batches of about 4 at a time. Carefully drop heaped tablespoons of the batter into the hot oil and fry, turning once, until crisp and golden. Around 4 minutes. Transfer to paper to drain. Repeat with the remaining batter.
5. Serve with freshly chopped coriander, red chilli and a squeeze of lime.