1. Heat oven to 190c and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
2. Place the fruit in a bowl and add the vanilla, cardamom, lemon and honey and carefully combine.
3. Roll out the puff pastry and place on the prepared baking sheet. Using a pastry brush paint the pastry with the yolk then sprinkle with ground almonds.
4. Spoon the strawberries and peaches onto the pastry and pull up the sides of the pastry to help keep the mixture safely tucked in.
5. Using a pastry brush paint the pastry boarder with the whisked egg and scatter over the brown sugar. Place the tart in the oven and bake for 30 – 40 minutes.
6. Serve with salted almond ice cream or double cream.
1. Whisk the eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl for up to 3 mins, until fluffy. Then carefully stir in the milk, cream, and vanilla.
2. Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker, freeze following the instructions.
3. When the ice cream has begun to stiffen (this happens pretty quickly) add the chopped almonds with a pinch of sea salt and carry-on freezing.
6. Scoop into a freezer proof container, and sprinkle over the remaining chopped almonds.