1 x roll of premade pastry / puff pastry
60g caster sugar
½ vanilla bean
Knob ginger, peeled and finely chopped
Zest 1 lemon
1 tbsp milk – for topping
1 tbsp brown sugar – for topping
1. Heat oven to 180c and line a baking sheet with baking paper Cut the rhubarb into batons and place in a bowl, add the sugar, ginger and vanilla and toss to combine. Leave for 30 mins, tossing every 10 minutes.
2. In a small bowl combine the mascarpone, honey and lemon zest.
3. Roll out the puff pastry and spread over the mascarpone mix leaving a 2cm border. Scatter over the rhubarb and pull up the sides of the pastry to help keep the mixture safely tucked in.
4. Using a pastry brush paint the pastry boarder with milk and caster with brown sugar. Place the tart in the oven and bake for 20 – 30 minutes.
5. Serve with double cream or vanilla ice cream.