Tart x The Sette
Rhubarb is also a firm favourite for us on Mother’s Day, as the colour is so perfectly girly,’ say Lucy and Jemima. ‘It’s only at its best for a short time, so it’s a must for the menu. Using pre-made puff pastry is a winner, as it means you don’t need to spend the entire day in the kitchen! This dessert looks and tastes wonderful and it’s actually super quick and easy to make.
1 x roll of premade pastry / puff pastry
60g caster sugar
½ vanilla bean
Knob ginger, peeled and finely chopped
Zest 1 lemon
1 tbsp milk – for topping
1 tbsp brown sugar – for topping
1. Heat oven to 180c and line a baking sheet with baking paper Cut the rhubarb into batons and place in a bowl, add the sugar, ginger and vanilla and toss to combine. Leave for 30 mins, tossing every 10 minutes.
2. In a small bowl combine the mascarpone, honey and lemon zest.
3. Roll out the puff pastry and spread over the mascarpone mix leaving a 2cm border. Scatter over the rhubarb and pull up the sides of the pastry to help keep the mixture safely tucked in.
4. Using a pastry brush paint the pastry boarder with milk and caster with brown sugar. Place the tart in the oven and bake for 20 – 30 minutes.
5. Serve with double cream or vanilla ice cream.